Pennsylvania Office of Consumer Advocate
555 Walnut Street
5th Floor Forum Place
Harrisburg, PA 17101-1923

Phone: 717-783-5048 or toll free 800-684-6560
Fax: 717-783-7152


Consumer Tip for October 2007

Toll Free Number


 (PA only)

Are You Having Trouble Paying Your Monthly Gas and Electric Bills? 

Contact Your Utility Company For Help

Most gas and electric companies offer Customer Assistance Programs (CAPs).  CAPs lower your monthly utility bills and in some cases may reduce the amount you already owe.  Contact your utility company at the customer service number that appears on your monthly utility bill.  You will be directed to the company’s CAP program.  They can explain the programs available and help determine if you qualify.

They can also give you information on other assistance programs that may be available, like LIHEAP and Dollar Energy.

Don’t delay…contact your utility company today!

For more information, visit

Back To OCA Consumer Tips Archives


Commonwealth Website