Pennsylvania Office of Consumer Advocate
555 Walnut Street
5th Floor Forum Place
Harrisburg, PA 17101-1923

Phone: 717-783-5048 or toll free 800-684-6560
Fax: 717-783-7152


Consumer Tip for March 2003

Toll Free Number


 (PA only)


Have you contributed to your gas or electric company's hardship funds? Hardship funds are donated by consumers and are matched by the company. The funds provide assistance to low income customers to help them pay their bills. Community-based organizations distribute the funds to needy customers in your area. Are you interested in donating? There's a section on your electric and gas bills where you can add a donation to your bill. For more information, you can also contact your electric or gas company.

If you're having trouble paying your bills, you may want to see if you qualify for low income assistance or hardship funds.


Back To OCA Consumer Tips Archives


Commonwealth Website